Saturday, July 28, 2012

Health, Hiking, and Happy

I am loving summer, it is basically keeping me busy with working 12 hour shifts and fitting in my hiking and running. I really dont know what I would do with out having my time to myself. It's funny when you find that one thing in your life that you thought you would never love but in the end it is all  you ever wanted it to be and more. Last summer I did a pretty strick diet and really enjoyed doing it as I watched my body transform. Well today is day 2 of that strick diet and I am doing it for 20 or 40 days I have not decided yet. But I did that in conjunction with running last year and I felt better than I ever have. So I am ready to do it again. I am ready to become even more fit. I am also signing up for my second half marathon, and doing so will push me to beat my last time and to challenge myself. I guess I truly am my own competition. I also love that my family and friends ask if I have been out on a run or a hike. They keep me on track and also keep me motivated. I am so excited for what my future hold, honestly I just became a nurse and I am open to so many possibilities. I cant wait to get my bachelors degree and maybe get my masters and persure a life that is full of challenges and oppurtunities. I may sound like I am so enthusiastic today but I had the chance to watch a video that was about our wards trip to Martins Cove and I cried through the entire thing. Listening to the music and the hardships the youth went through as they set out to trek across the plains, I was humbled. I remember I was saved for this time, and I was born to shine. I dont ever want to do anything less than what my Heavenly Father has set out for me. I am truly just happy right now. Happy living at home while I get my national exams finished, happy sweating and working out every chance I get, and happy knowing that I didnt settle. I guess I just found what was in me all along......... determination.