Friday, January 27, 2012

The Honorable Men in Black!

I think I am so overwhelmed with emotion right now that the best thing to do is blog it out. I watched this youtube video that had to do with missionaries coming home (I will post the link) and I watched these MEN who left as boys come down this escalator, they are dressed in black suits and they have the world at the bottom waiting for them. WHAT can be a better feeling for a mother than to stand there and watch their son come down the escalator and know that they just served a worthy full mission? I know that I had two amazing brothers in my life who served worthy missions and I remember standing there waiting for my brother Jim to walk into the airport. I was young, but I remember watching my whole family cry and hold on to him. I did experience this with my Grandparents as well, and I did have a ex-boyfriends serve a mission. So I have had a lot of the missionary experiences, but I would never change them for the world. This work is undeniable. I don't know anything else that is more selfless than giving up two years of their lives to serve the Lord. I know that I will strive each day to have that feeling as a mother and to ensure my son understands the important work that is to be done. I hope you take the second to watch the youtube clip. It will bring on emotion, much the same as when military men come home. If you know that the military men are out there supporting your country and you support them, please take in to consideration the men out there serving our All Mighty Lord.


I am so glad I have the opportunity to support the Missionaries and get to benefit from their undying dedication and undeniable spirit they bring. Keep up the work Elders. I loved having the opportunity to help one of my non-member friends come unto christ, and I am willing to continue to spread the word. It was the so rewarding for both of us and the feeling I got was indescribable. I hope I can help more find this happiness as well.

No comments: